Editorial board of the journal "Review of Omsk State Pedagogical University. Humanitarian research" in its activities is guided by:
- provisions of the copyright law of the Russian Federation (Chapter 70);
- international standards of scientific publication ethics developed by the Committee on Scientific Publications Ethics (Committee on Publication Ethics);
- the theses formulated at the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity (Singapore, 22-24 July 2010);
- experience of leading scientific journals and publishes.
General ethical principles of the editorial board work
- constantly improve the journal;
- prevent publication of plagiarism, including self-plagiarism;
- to guarantee to the author the non-disclosure of the information contained in the manuscript before its publication, as well as information on the results of its review;
- follow the freedom of opinion principle;
- following the main criteria deciding on the publication of materials: the manuscript correspondence to the subject of the journal; relevance, novelty and scientific significance of the presented article; clarity of the presentation; reliability of results and completeness of conclusions. The quality of the research and its relevance are the basis for the decision to publish;
- take all reasonable measures to ensure the high quality of published materials and protect the privacy of personal information;
- take into account the recommendations of reviewers in making a final decision on the article publication.
Compliance with ethical standards is required from all participants in the publishing processes.
Ethics of the author
Author (or team of authors) when submitting materials to the scientific journal "Review of Omsk State Pedagogical University. Humanitarian research" is responsible for the content of the article and the very fact of its publication, namely:
- provides reliable results of the research, indicates the true facts and information, does not allow a priori inaccurate or falsified statements;
- guarantees the originality of the provided text, does not send to the journal materials previously published and / or pending in other scientific publications;
- bases the concept outlined in the proposed editorial board article on the achievements of science, correctly draws up footnotes on primary sources, including on their own publications, does not allow unformulated borrowing (plagiarism);
- recognizes the accomplishments of everybody's contribution to the study, making references or, in the case of a joint study, including all participants in the team of authors;
- prevents conflicts of interest, mentioning information received from third parties, referring to unpublished materials, private correspondence texts, oral reports, etc. only with the consent of their authors / participants, indicates the source of research funding, if it was scientific funds or commercial organizations;
- respects the work of the editorial board, execute materials in accordance with the requirements, promptly, correctly and meaningfully responding questions and comments of the editorial board, reporting a refusal to finalize the materials, putting the editorial board informed of significant errors and inaccuracies found after publication.
Ethics of the reviewer
The reviewer of the article submitted by the author to the scientific journal "Review of Omsk State Pedagogical University. Humanitarian research" is one of the members of the editorial board or (if it’s somehow necessary: the need to recruit a scientist representing a highly specialized scientific field, the need to prevent conflicts of interest, etc.), an expert involved in the research problems.
The reviewer is responsible for the quality of the examination carried out, namely:
- expertizes from the standpoint of objectivity, not allowing criticism of the author's personality, clearly represents and argues his opinion;
- warns the editor-in-chief of the scientific journal about the inability to act as a referee because of insufficient competence and / or conflict of interest;
- evaluates the materials provided in terms of relevance, scientific novelty, reasoning, the logic of the presentation of the material, the availability and correctness of references to sources, the correspondence of the title, annotation, key words to the content of the main text, style;
- puts the editor-in-chief of the scientific journal in the knowledge of the coincidence of the submitted materials with already published works, cases of incorrect borrowing;
- determines the level of originality of the text, including by means of automated systems, guided by the following criteria: when the originality of the text is less than 50%, the manuscript is returned to the author, with the originality of the text from 50 to 75%, the reviewer carefully evaluates the quality of borrowing (including self-borrowings) place in the text and decides on the possibility of publishing and / or the need to amend the text;
The editor, relying on the existing legal norms with respect to copyright and plagiarism, is responsible for the publication of the author's works in the scientific journal "Review of Omsk State Pedagogical University. Humanitarian research", namely:
- decides on the possibility of publication / refusal to publish, based on objective criteria, evaluating the intellectual content of the manuscript regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, origin, citizenship, social status or political preferences of the authors;
- monitors the correspondence of publications to the topics of the journal sections;
- provides conditions for an objective and qualified review of the manuscript;
- guarantees the author confidentiality, correctness and tolerance in the work of the reviewer and the publisher with the manuscript, coordinates with the author the correction of the text;
- does not allow publication of plagiarism;
- responds to claims arising from the consideration of manuscripts or the publication of materials, and in the case of a conflict, ensures the restoration of violated rights, guarantees the publication of corrections and apologies in case of errors by the author or third parties.
The publisher of the scientific journal is Omsk State Pedagogical University. The publisher, in the person of the publisher's director, is responsible for the publication of the author's works, namely:
- promotes the fulfillment of ethical duties by the editorial board, reviewers and authors;
- assists the editorial staff of the journal in reviewing claims to the ethical aspects of published materials and helps to interact with other journals and / or publishers, if this contributes to the fulfillment of the editors duties;
- secures the confidentiality of the publication and any information received from authors until the moment of its publication;
- is responsible for specifying additional information about the publication: data on the source of funding (if any), notifications of errors found after the publication of the materials, apologies, appeals, etc .;
- places published materials in the public domain, such as: on the official website of the Omsk State Pedagogical University and in the eLibrary electronic library, provides dispatch of copies of the magazine to the leading scientific libraries of the Russian Federation, interacts with distributors;
- guarantees professional proofreading and on-time publishing of each issue of the magazine.